Alternative decking products have been revolutionizing the deck industry. Our sales staff at Scott’s Lumber will help you learn about your options and help you make informed decisions about which products to choose.
If you know of a product you would like to use that we do not have listed, our staff are experts at sourcing unusual requests. We never turn down an opportunity to learn something new!
Manufacturers: Timbertech, Trex, AZEK, Cedar, Fiberon, PC Ultima, and Evolve
Click the link above to receive a Decking quote or call 605-336-0860.
Low maintenance, safe, durable, and can even help to increase the value of your home.
TimberTech composite decking and railing products add beauty to homes, businesses and resorts.
Because TimberTech resists sun and water damage, it maintains its color and beauty for years. You do not need to paint, stain or seal it – often burdensome yearly projects with traditional wood. And, because it resists mildew and warping, you won't need to replace rotting, uneven or insect-damaged boards. This saves you time and money over the life of your deck and fence. Caring for TimberTech is easy and will keep it looking new year after year.
- Low Maintenance: TimberTech maintains its color and beauty for years without the work of annual painting or staining. And, because it resists mildew, warping and insects, there’s no need to replace rotting, uneven or termite-damaged boards. This saves time and money over the life of your deck and fence. Caring for TimberTech is easier than wood and will allow you to focus on maximum enjoyment instead of maximum maintenance.
- Industry-Leading Products: TimberTech offers a complete line of low maintenance outdoor building products that are durable and made with high quality materials. We listen to our customers and create products that offer a wide variety of color choices and styles, designed to fit your life and design preferences.
- Warranty: TimberTech’s warranty offers 25-years of coverage. And our warranty can be transferred to a second homeowner – a great selling feature when you’re ready to relocate.
Trex composite products are made of a unique combination of wood and plastic fibers.
Trex composite products are made of a unique combination of wood and plastic fibers. Trex gets its plastic and wood fibers from reclaimed or recycled resources. Including sawdust and used pallets from woodworking operations, and recycled plastic grocery bags from all over the country. Our resources are closely screened for high quality standards before they go near a Trex plant.
- Low maintenance.
- Rich, deep palettes.
- An almost entirely green product from a legendary green company.
- The broadest range of style and finish.
- Trex offers a 25-year limited residential warranty on all its products.
- Trex is soft-to-the-touch for unmatched barefoot comfort.
- Trex will not splinter, so bare feet and hands are always safe.
- Trex is designed to look ageless – even decades after installation.
- Will not warp or rot due to harsh weather.
- Does not need sanding, staining, or painting ever.
Decking that's engineered to last beautifully.
AZEK decking products are protected with Alloy Armour Technology (AAT), the latest in materials science innovation. So, unlike wood, AZEK decking materials resist scratches, stains, insects, moisture, mold, and mildew, and they promise protection from cupping, cracking, and more with our 30-year limited fade and stain and lifetime limited warranties. When you choose AZEK, you’re investing in your home. Be sure to select the AZEK material that’s best for your family, whether it's pressure treated wood, capped wood composite, or capped polymer.
Real cedar decking is as easy on the eyes as it is on the feet.
Cedar is the most natural choice in decking. Craftsmen throughout the ages have used cedar knowing about its natural resistance to decay and insect damage. These craftsmen were environmentally responsible before “green” was a buzzword. Real cedar beautifully compliments its environment and is naturally safe from manmade chemical preservatives.
- BEAUTY: Aesthetically, there really is no substitute for the natural beauty of Real Cedar. Imbued with decidedly crisp, yet superbly rich, tonal properties, Real Cedar can create sublime outdoor sanctuaries, embolden traditional home decor, provoke cutting-edge architecture and inspire innovative interiors. Imagine – all that dynamism packed into one beautiful building material! No wonder Real Cedar is a designer’s dream come true.
- VERSATILITY: Western red cedar is pitch and resin-free. Which means it’s ideal for accepting and holding a wide range of beautiful finishes including elegant dark stains, shabby chic bleaches, traditional solid colours and naturally beautiful semi-transparents. Real Cedar also offers a wide range of lumber dimensions, surface textures and grades. Ergo, no matter what your desired effect is, Real Cedar’s got the wood for you.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Independent studies prove that when it comes to environmental performance, natural wood is superior to synthetics products in every way. While other building materials generate greenhouse gasses, western red cedar actually removes greenhouse gasses from the atmosphere. And unlike brick, cement and composites, Real Cedar is renewable and biodegradable. Plus, Real Cedar is sourced from the most sustainably managed forests in the world.
Beautiful outdoor spaces, designed to endure.
A high-performance, eco-friendly wood alternative, Fiberon decking offers the warmth and appeal of natural hardwoods without all the time and expense of maintenance. Choose from a wide range of colors, finishes and options to fit your style and budget.